40 bhp, 570 lbs and 90 mph:
The Indian 4 stems from the 1912 machine designed by WG Henderson. He parted with Henderson in 1919 and formed Ace, which in turn was acquired by Indian in 1927. Production of the 4 continued till 1942.With a right hand gear shift, foot clutch, left hand accelerator and manual advance and retard, it is a real handful.This bike has matching numbers and was acquired fully restored in Ireland. Previously it had been in the USA where the actual restoration (to almost completely original) had been undertaken.