1974 Moto Morini 3 ½ Strada
35 bhp 330 lbs 95 mph
Moto Morini was founded in Milan in 1937. Prior to WW2, its focus was three wheelers and after WW2, motorcycles. In 1987 control went to Cagiva and there have been further ownership changes since.
In the early 1970s production of the 72 degrees V-twins started. The bike Moto Morini became famous for is the 3 ½ (344cc) bike, but there was also a 500cc version.
Distinguishing characteristics of the engine are the Heron heads (combustion chamber recessed in the piston crowns), offset cylinders and a single piece forged crank.
Carburettors are two 25mm Dell’Orto square slides, bore and stroke are 62 x 57 mm and compression is 11:1. Front and rear brakes are drum.
This bike is a Strada (touring) model and was bought in the UK in good running order.