2001 BMW R1200C Independent: The third in our series of “black & white” custom cruisers
The “Tomorrow Never Dies” BMW done the 2WheelsMiklos way. The result is a bike which is a lot leaner, a bit more aggressive and nowhere near as “bling”.
The major aspects of the makeover are:
• Satin black painted wheels shod with slightly oversize white-walled Maxxis tyres.
• Bespoke front fender to accommodate the oversize tyre.
• Satin black fork lowers, rocker covers and front engine cover.
• Black Renthal Fatbar with black low risers, Oberon bar-end mirrors and indicators, Tom-Tom GPS and grey Renthal grips.
• A 7.7 inch Metal Projects headlight with black grille & a pair of Bates style 4.5 inch yellow lensed LED fog-lamps – all on a bespoke mounting.
• An in-house fabricated 2-into-1 polished stainless steel exhaust system with a GP style tailpipe.
• Rear fender comprising the mounting for the original fender. This has been polished and incorporates the Radiantz LED strip tail & brake lights and rear indicators.
• A mini-rack has been fitted and also an Iron & Resin RHS canvas saddle-bag; the support bracket of which also holds the semi-circular number plate.
• In-house fabricated seat base with tuck and roll upholstering by P&D.
• Then finished off in a 1960s era BMW “Chamonix White” paint job with black pin-striping and a spider web motif – done by Cycle Sprays.
Really nice ride and what a head turner!